Obama Strategy: Fear, Excuses, Government Worship and Abortion
September 5, 2012 6 Comments
The Obama acceptance speech will not take place at 75,000 seat Bank of America field in Charlotte tomorrow. Instead it will be moved indoors at the regular Dem Convention site. Why? According to the Democrats they’re sufficiently concerned about a 20% chance of rain during the speech. That seems a little odd considering that during the summer the weatherman always says there’s a 20% chance of rain. It’s a shame the Democrats won’t be honest about why they’re moving the speech indoors. There’s an 80% chance they can’t fill a football stadium for Obama’s speech, that’s why they moved it. Nothing could be worse for them than the image of an empty upper deck during the big O’s speech.
These Democrats sure like abortion don’t they? For all the talk about how extreme the GOP platform is concerning abortion, there hasn’t been a peep from the media about how extreme the Democrats platform is on abortion. The Democrats not only want taxpayer funded abortion, they want all abortions to be legal. That includes second and third trimester abortions and partial birth abortion. Around 84% of the country opposes third trimester abortions, yet the Democrats are praised as abortion heros by the media. The extreme position on abortion is to be found in the Democrat Party, not in the GOP.
Unable to talk about Obama’s record, the Democrats have turned their convention into an abortionfest. Yesterday was one radical abortion fanatic after another. The Democrats are quite serious about their war on women, it’s their only pathway to victory. It isn’t working of course. Around half of women oppose abortion these days, so parading around a bunch of baby killing liberals isn’t going to get women on the Obama bandwagon. The Democrats are literally stuck in the 60′s on this issue. A recent Washington Post poll showed Obama’s favorability among women dropping to all time lows. The war on women isn’t going to bring them back into the Obama camp, especially when half the women are against abortion.
The Democrats took God out of their platform. Obviously conservatives are up in arms over this. The Democrats have replaced God with government. It’s easy to get outraged over this but it isn’t worth our outrage. It’s worth our pity. The Democrats have become the first major party to admit that they care nothing for God, they’re the first to admit they worship government. It’s a sad day, if not terribly surprising. The Democrats have become a party for atheists and practical atheists who haven’t yet left the Christian faith. They worship government, these days they’re right up front about it.
The Democrat Convention so far has been full of baseless attacks on Mitt Romney, claims that Obama’s job is incomplete and in need of a second term, government worship and abortion. Taking a step back, will any of this play to voters outside the Democrat base? Is it even meant to? The Democrats strategy is pretty clear at this point. They believe the pathway to victory isn’t through independent voters but through a massive turnout of the Democrat base. This is a massive gamble because polls consistently show less enthusiasm on the part of Democrats. Obama must believe he can scare the base into voting on election day. One wonders though if the inability to fill a football stadium might be a sign of what’s to come in November.
UPDATE: Dem party big wigs rammed God into the platform this afternoon, much to the chagrin of booing delegates.